17 Must Know Cloud Computing Facts for 2022
As 2021 comes to a close, we can all look back and recognize how much the cloud has advanced - keeping our data secure and remote employees connected. And this innovation shows no sign of slowing down. We're delighted to share our annual cloud facts video, with 17 key areas in which cloud infrastructure, software, and platforms are rapidly evolving.
Here Are 17 Exciting Cloud Computing Facts for 2022:
Cloud Computing Is on the Rise
Here are our top cloud facts for 2022:
- By 2022, more than 90% of enterprises will rely on a hybrid cloud environment to meet their infrastructure needs. (Source)
- The value of the cloud computing market is estimated to be $832.1 billion by the end of 2025 (compared to $371.4 billion in 2020). (Source)
- Cloud security is a top concern for 75% of enterprises. (Source)
- By 2025 there will be over 100 Zettabytes of data stored in the cloud (1 zettabyte = 1 billion terrabytes = 1 trillion gigabytes). (Source)
- 50% of companies reported higher cloud usage than planned during the Covid-19 pandemic. (Source)
- 61% of organizations want to optimize cloud spend, making it the top initiative for the 5th year in a row. (Source)
- The public cloud sector is expected to generate $331 billion in revenue by 2022 (up from $175.8 billion in 2018). (Source)
- Spending on IT infrastructure is predicted to reach $55.7 billion by 2022. IDC predicts a 10.9% growth in demand for servers, switchers, and storage solutions.
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) grew in adoption to 56% in 2021, making it the fastest growing segment in cloud platforms. (Source)
- 93% of businesses have a multi-cloud strategy. As these deployments mature, cost containment and cybersecurity will be top priorities. (Source)
- 94% of businesses report significant improvements in online security after moving their data into the cloud.(Source)
- 91% report that cloud tech helps them deal with government compliance requirements. (Source)
- Cloud migrations help companies operate more sustainably by reducing CO2 emissions by 59 million tons per year, which is like having 22 million fewer cars on the highway. (Source)
- By 2025, up to 90% of organizations that can't control public cloud use will inadvertently share sensitive data. (Source)
- By 2027, the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) market size will reach $201 billion. (Source)
- The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) market is expected to reach $623 billion in 2023. (Source)
- Cloud monitoring will grow by 22.7% reaching $4.5 billion in market value. (Source)
If you want to learn more about how cloud computing can power your business in 2022, schedule a free IT consultation to speak talk with one of our cloud consultants.
Get the Latest IT News from iCorps!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing content delivered straight to your inbox.
December 6, 2022