2017 Cloud Computing Benefits, Statistics and Facts
The cloud has gained some serious momentum in the past few years and 2017's stats and predictions bring to light just how much of an impact cloud technology is having on businesses of all sizes. Check out this video for some eye-opening stats & facts about cloud computing.
Top Cloud Computing Facts of 2017
Here are our top cloud facts for 2017:
- By 2020, a corporate "no-cloud" policy will be as rare as a "no-internet" policy is today, predicts Gartner.
- Concerns about cloud security fell to 25%, from 29%, last year.
- The top 3 cloud benefits experienced by IT professionals include: faster access to infrastructure, greater scalability, and higher availability.
- The U.S. will represent the largest market for public cloud services, generating more than 60% of total worldwide revenues, forcasts IDC.
- Microsoft's public cloud platform, Azure, experienced 93% growth in the first quarter of 2017.
- The global cloud services market is projected to grow 18% in 2017 to total $246.8 billion, according to Gartner.
- Companies that adopted cloud services experience an average: 20.66% average improvement in time to market, 15.07% reduction in IT spending, and an 18.80% increase in process efficiency. Together, these benefits led to a 19.63% increase in company growth.
- The highest public cloud growth will be in Infrastructure-as-a-Service - projected to grow 36.8% in 2017, according to Gartner.
- Gartner predicts that through 2020, cloud adoption strategies will influence more than 50% of IT outsourcing deals.
For more information about leveraging cloud solutions, or migrating to a public cloud, consider reaching out to an iCorps expert and requesting a free IT consultation.