Cloud Computing Facts 2019: Statistics & Benefits
With over 63% of all workloads in the cloud, it's safe to say that cloud computing has grown into a service most businesses depend on for the execution of their daily operations. How the cloud is leveraged varies from business to business; however, the following cloud facts, statistics, and benefits highlight the substantial impact cloud technology has on modern businesses.
Check out iCorps full "2019 Cloud Computing Facts: Statistics & Benefits" video below to learn how cloud computing can improve your business.
Top Cloud Computing Facts
Here are our top cloud facts for 2019:
- Cloud usage grew 15% from last year, reaching an all time high.
- The global public cloud services market is projected to grow 17.3% in 2019 to $206.2 billion.
- By 2021, public cloud spend is predicted to reach $277 billion.
- 93% of businesses reported having better data security after switching to the cloud.
- 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2020.
- Enterprise applications account for 70% of cloud services, while consumer cloud apps represent the other 30%.
- On-premise workloads will shrink from 37% to 27% of total workloads by 2020.
- 21% of files in the cloud contain sensitive data.
- Software-as-aService (SaaS) remains the largest segment of the cloud market, with revenue expected to reach $85.1 billion in 2019.
- Organizations can save $3-5 million per legacy application by inventorying and migrating existing applications when switching to the cloud.
For more information about leveraging cloud solutions, or migrating to a public cloud, consider reaching out to an iCorps expert and requesting a free IT consultation.