Year after year cloud computing users continue to increase. Whether you're an SMB or a Fortune 500 company, the move to the cloud looks to be the direction everyone is heading in. As a managed service provider, helping companies make the move to the cloud, iCorps Technologies wanted to point out some interesting facts about cloud computing and what to expect from it in 2015. Here are some that may surprise you.
20 Cloud Computing Facts for 2015
- By 2020 cloud computing will cross the $270 billion mark.1
- Over 50% of American companies plan to increase cloud budgets in 2015.2
- 94% of managers say their business security has improved after adopting cloud applications.3
- 75% of businesses report that service availability improved since moving to the cloud.4
- 91% of SMBs says their cloud providers made it easier to satisfy compliance requirements.5
- For every 1200 smartphones or 600 tablets a new server is added to the cloud.6
- By 2016 36% of all data is expected to be stored in the cloud. Up from 7% in 2013.7
- 90% of Microsoft's R&D budget is being used to improve cloud technology and security services.8
- 67% of IT professionals use cloud services and applications.9
- 64% of companies have reduced waste and lowered energy consumptions after shifting to the cloud.10
- 52% of companies reported increased data efficiency and utilization.11
- 47% of companies said they witness lower operating costs after cloud adoptions.12
- Cloud Computing is up to 40 times more cost effective for an SMB, compared to running its own IT system.13
- The US Federal Government saved $5.5 Billion per year by shifting to Cloud Services.14
- 50% of American companies increased their public Cloud budgets in 2014.15
- Cloud Computing spending in SMBs will reach $16 billion in 2015.16
- Software as a service applications will be the largest cloud service category by 2015 reaching 67.4 billion.17
- More than 60% of enterprises that adopt cloud computing, accept that it reduces energy consumption.18
- 80% of cloud adopters believe that it helps their organization reduce IT costs.19
- 56% of organization are seeking to hire staff with cloud expertise.20
Interested in more facts about cloud computing? Check out our Whitepaper "Which Cloud is Right for You" that can walk you through which cloud solution would work best for your business.
With more than two decades of experience, the iCorps IT consulting team is dedicated to delivering excellence to our customers by staying ahead of market trends and understanding new technologies that could impact their business. iCorps delivers superior IT outsourcing, IT support and technology solutions implemented by the best consultants in the Boston, Philadelphia and New York (NY) areas.