So what can you do to protect yourself against smishing?
- Always check your message's sender – do you recognize the contact?
- Remember that legitimate companies will not ask for personal information over text
- Never click on hyperlinks that may appear in the message, or offer up sensitive information
- If you are directed to a website, ensure that web filters are alerting you to potentially malicious content
- Understand that smishing is not limited to texting – WhatsApp, Facebook, and Skype messengers are all potentially vulnerable
If you're looking to upgrade your email, mobile, or network security, our experts can help. Reach out for a free consultation today.