iCorps Builds Web Portal to Manage Network & Infrastructure Requisites
FiberNet Telecom Group, Inc., (NASDAQ: FTGX), a leading provider of complex interconnection services, today announced that its e-commerce web portal has achieved significant usage milestones in its first 18 months of operation:
- FiberNet Portal users are global in scope.
- Registered site users come from over 30 countries including Australia, Canada, China, India, the Philippines and the United Kingdom.
- FiberNet Portal quoting volume is heavy.
- Registered site users have requested up to 20,000 quotes for services, averaging 1,100 quotes per month. Service quotes have included private line and Ethernet circuits, direct Internet access, colocation, cross connects and cabling/dark fiber.
- The amount of FiberNet Portal users is growing quickly.
- Approximately 1,000 users have registered to utilize the site’s services.
- FiberNet Portal building access reach continues to grow.
- The extranet currently offers extended reach to more than 54,000 buildings with more buildings coming online regularly.
“At launch, our goal was to provide our customers with another touch point to meet their pricing and service needs on their time,” said John P. Dowd, Vice President of Business Development. “The growth of the web portal demonstrates that we have exceeded these expectations and created a valuable business tool to manage network and infrastructure requirements.”
The extranet currently offers FiberNet’s customers the ability to instantly receive price quotes and place orders for connectivity anywhere in the continental United States. Users are also able to order FiberNet’s colocation services and monitor their IP and Ethernet traffic on FiberNet’s networks.
The extranet also provides access to FiberNet’s network capabilities to deliver transport services to more than 140 million addresses nationwide.
The IP & Ethernet portion of the site provides authorized users the ability to monitor Ethernet and IP network bandwidth usage, assignments and routing; view gateway trunk groups and CDR reports for VoIP traffic; and manage their network via FiberNet’s IP & Ethernet utilities.
About FiberNet Telecom Group, Inc.
Celebrating its 10 year anniversary, FiberNet Telecom Group, Inc. owns and operates integrated interconnection facilities and diverse transport routes in the gateway markets of New York/New Jersey, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, designed to provide comprehensive broadband interconnectivity enabling the exchange of traffic over multiple networks. FiberNet’s customized connectivity infrastructure provides an advanced, high bandwidth, fiber-optic solution to support the demand for network capacity and to facilitate the interconnection of multiple carriers’ and customers’ networks. For additional information about FiberNet, visit the company’s website at http://www.ftgx.com.