Cloud Computing Facts You Must Know Heading Into 2023
2022 is coming to an end, now is a good time to think ahead to 2023 and find out the cloud computing trends. Cloud computing could be vital for a business's growth. Without a doubt, cloud computing usage has continued to grow throughout the year and is anticipated to keep growing.
Check Out Our Cloud Computing Facts For 2023:
The State of the Cloud Computing Industry
- 60% of the world's corporate data is stored in the cloud. (Source)
- Cloud infrastructure services generate $178 billion per year in revenue (Source)
- Cost (51%) is the biggest factor holding companies back from adopting multi-cloud infrastructure followed by: Security (47%), Skill Shortages (41%), Complexity (35%), and Compliance (33%). (Source)
- PaaS will make a revenue of $164.3 billion by 2026. (Source)
- 36% of commercial real estate executives plan on investing in cloud computing. (Source)
- 51% of companies don't use encryption or tokenization to protect data stored on the cloud. (Source)
- By 2025, over half of the cloud spending will go to four main enterprise categories. These areas are: Business Process Services, Infrastructure Software, System Infrastructure, Application Software. (Source)
- In a survey of 750 cloud decision-makers, 81% said security was a top challenge. More than managing cloud spend (79%), governance (75%), and compliance (75%). (Source)
- Less than half of traditional small businesses use cloud infrastructure or hosting services. (Source)
- 44% of traditional small businesses use cloud infrastructure or hosting. Compared to 66% of tech-based small businesses and 74% of enterprise companies. (Source)
- Between 2022 and 2032, the cloud computing industry will be worth over $1.9 billion. (Source)
If you want to learn more about how cloud computing can power your business in 2023, schedule a free IT consultation to speak with one of our cloud consultants.